Defenders of Democracy
The League of Women Voters is a nonprofit, nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Join the League of Women Voters and support our continuous fight to Defend our Democracy!
The League is hosting another new member orientation on Nov 16th, 2017 at 6:30 pm. A baked potato bar will be available for dinner. Please join us if you've recently joined or are interested in learning more about the League!
Our Holiday Luncheon is coming up on December 2nd, 2017!! Please find more info HERE
Since 2015 the LWVMSTL has ...
* Registered 4719 people to vote and attended 130 Naturalization Ceremonies
* Published 8 on-line and 5 printed Voter Guides, covering over 2000 candidates and ballot issues for the area
* Distributed over 40,000 Voter Guides to area community centers and supported VOTE411.org for personalized ballots
* Conducted 69 candidate forums
* Speakers Bureau presented information about voting, ballot issues and the League to 101 groups across the StL region.
* Carefully studied, then advocated for legislation in the areas of voter protection, environmental quality, healthcare, transportation, and education.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Holiday Luncheon Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Metro St. Louis holds three membership events annually: Kickoff, Holiday Luncheon, and the Annual Meeting. Find out more information here!
Support the League! Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Metro St. Louis relies on membership dues and fundraising in order to fulfill our of mission to encourage the informed and active participation in government, work to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influence public policy through education and advocacy.
Voting and Elections Guidelines for Missouri Learn More
- What is on the ballot in the next election?
How to register to vote? ...and more
Voters Guide to Candidates and Issues Learn More
- Trying to find out information about the upcoming elections and candidates on the ballot? Check here.
League of Women Voters Speakers Bureau Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Metro StL Speakers Bureau is a service providing information to the public through presentations about Elections, Voting, and the Responsibilities of Citizenship.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Events citizens may be interested in attending.
In League Reporter Learn More
- We publish our newsletter, the In League Reporter, monthly. Read our In League Reporter online. Older issues are included.
(You can download a free PDF reader from http://www.adobe.com )
League Study and Action Learn More
- League Study and Action
Trivia Night Learn More
- Trivia Night 2017, Saturday, February 25th 7:00 pm
THEATRE PARTY 2017 Learn More
- Enjoy an afternoon of romance, schemes, and disguises with a Spanish twist of fate! In Cardenio: Shakespeare's `Lost Play' Reimagined, Gregory Doran resurrects a lost Shakespeare work based on a Don Quixote subplot involving a good man driven mad from love. A play by Shakespeare called Cardenio was performed at Court in 1612. No copy survives, but clues to its nature and plot abound. After much travel, research, and collaboration, Doran presented his Cardenio as the 2011 opening production of the Royal Shakespeare Company's fiftieth anniversary season. St Louis Shakespeare is proud to present the Regional premiere of this re-imagined gem!
LWV Products Learn More
- LWVSTL PRODUCTS
Clean Air and Sustainability Learn More
- This year we continue with articles on small steps that we can take to help our environment and counter the effects of Global Warming. This LWVSTL webpage will provide additional resources and information. We will be updating as additional information is available.
Become a LWV Member
JOIN THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF METRO ST. LOUIS!
Membership Dues include membership to LWV of Missouri, and LWV of United States. Find out more or Join Now Online!